Karnataka State Government’s Gruha Jyothi Scheme Registration begun on June 18, 2023. This scheme provides free electricity helping households save up to Rs. 1,000 monthly. People having eligibility in this program need not pay the power bill for the use of up to 200 units of electricity. This scheme empowers families, reducing the burden of electricity expenses and improving financial well-being.
Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Scheme Latest Updates: How To Apply, Eligibility, Last Date, Updated Link, How To Check Status Details:
Gruha Jyothi Scheme Important Dates:
- Registration Start Date – June 18, 2023
- Gruha Jyothi Scheme Date – August 1, 2023
- Registration Last Date – No deadline fixed for the registration process
Eligibility For Gruha Jyothi Scheme:
- Residency: The scheme is open to residents of Karnataka only. Only Those Applicants Apply Whose permanent residents in Karnataka are eligible for the scheme.
- Household Connection: The scheme is applicable to households with a valid electricity connection. Applicants must have a functioning household electricity connection in their name to avail themselves of the benefits.
How To Apply For Gruha Jyothi Scheme?
- Eligible people can register for the scheme through the Seva Sindhu Portal at https://sevasindhugs.karnataka.gov.in/
- To avail benefits of Gruha Jyothi Scheme – consumers should have Customer ID of the electricity bill, their Aadhaar number and their mobile number.
- Registration can be done using desktop, laptop and mobile phones.
- People can also register at Karnataka One, Grama One and Bengaluru One centers across the state.
- There is no deadline fixed for the registration process.
How to Check Status of Registration:
To check the status of Gruha Jyothi Scheme registration, click on the link highlighted as below.
Then enter the details like Escom from drop down list and your Account ID.
After submitting the details, click on ‘Check Status’. Your status of Gruha Jyothi Scheme registration will appear in a separate pop-up window.
Gruha Jyothi Scheme Frequently Asked Questions:
- Who is eligible for the Gruha Jyothi Scheme? Answer: According to the information on Karnataka government’s website, all residential consumers within the State of Karnataka are eligible for this scheme.
- If a consumer’s monthly consumption is more than 200 units? Will they have to pay the entire bill amount? Answer: Yes, for that particular month alone, they will have to pay the entire bill amount.
- If a consumer’s consumption is less than the free units, what will be bill amount? Answer: If the consumption is less than the entitled unit, the consumer will get a ‘Zero bill’.
- How many free units of electricity will a consumer be eligible for? Will they be eligible for 200 units per month? Answer: The benefit is calculated based on the average consumption for Financial Year 2022-23 + 10% increase (total amounting to less than 200 units)
Update (16 Jul 2023) – Scheme Application Form link was activated on 19th June 2023. More than 55000 Consumers have registered at the Seva Sindhu portal at https://sevasindhugs.karnataka.gov.in/gruhajyothi/directApply.do application link.
The custom webpage has been created at the Seva Sindhu portal for Free Electricity under Gruha Jyothi Scheme 2023 in the Karnataka state.